Living with a vestibular disorder can affect a person’s life in many ways. Dizziness and imbalance is abnormal at any age. The Smithson Valley Physical Therapy team has 2 physical therapists who have completed the Susan Herdman Vestibular competency based course and are the provider of choice with over 30 years of combined vestibular experience. They can assess, differentially diagnose, and treat many vestibular conditions.
The vestibular system includes the parts of the inner ear and brain structures that process the sensory information involved with controlling balance and eye movements. If disease or injury damages these processing areas, a vestibular disorder can result. Vestibular disorders can also result from or be worsened by genetic or environmental conditions.
• Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
• Labyrinthitis or Vestibular Neuritis
• Meniere’s disease
• Secondary Endolymphatic Hydrops
• Perilymph Fistula
• Superior Canal Dehiscense
• Acoustic Neuroma
• Vestibular Concussion
• Visual/Cervicogenic Vestibular Interaction Dysfunction
* Read patient success stories.
Make an Appointment Today